- Arrange for a responsible adult to drive you home and remain with you for the first 24 hours after surgery.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight prior to arriving at center; this includes water and chewing gum. There are a few special considerations to this guideline, so please call to speak with a pre-op nurse if you have concerns.
- Please bathe and shower on the morning of your procedure to minimize the risk of infection.
- Brush your teeth on the morning of the procedure but do not swallow any water.
- Do not consume alcohol or smoke/chew any tobacco products 24 hours prior to your surgery. These substances may cause you to have adverse reactions to anesthesia and medications.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing and low-heeled shoes.
- Leave jewelry and valuables at home except what is needed to take care of any financial obligations you may have.
- Contact Lenses may not be worn during the procedure. Leave them at home or bring a case for their safekeeping.
- Wear minimal to no makeup.
- Unusual changes should be reported immediately to your physician, even if the changes seem minor,such as fever, cough, rash or a cold. Please notify your physician if there is a possibility that you are pregnant.
- And finally, please arrive on time so that your procedure may begin as scheduled.